Back to school is just around the corner. This year is starting to look a little more normal, but it is a new normal. Now there is all kinds of technology and scheduling things to consider - aside from the normal. Here is a little list of things to consider for back to school:
- Shop for School Supplies - this could be kits you purcahse from the school, online shopping, in school shopping, etc. Don't forget the lunch box and backpack!
- Back to School Clothes - kids like to have some of the latest fashions, but don't forget you can shop sales and get creative. Aside from the latest fashions sometimes kids outgrow clothes so fast it is hard to keep up
- Have a creative space at home - be prepared for homework with an area the kiddos can get their work done (and if it is on a chromebook or laptop be sure it is close to an outlet)
- Print the school calendar - print the calendar and put it on the fridge to help remember when their are days off, early release, late arrivals, etc.
- Make a chore list for school days - make sure your kiddo knows their expectations and schedule, including helping out in the house from day 1. It will make it easier as you progress through the school year
- Budget - create a budget with your kiddo for school things they will need. For example if they buy lunches, make sure they understand what their daily budget is, what they should get, and what they can use extras for. This helps them be aware of the cost of food and ensure they make good choices
So how can the credit union help?
- HUCU Visa Credit & Debit Cards for shopping (you might be able to find discounts HERE too for using a Visa card with us!)
- Savings accounts - help your kiddo save money during the year, or use a savings to put back for all the expenses that pop up during the school year
- Bill Pay - with our online bill pay you can pay school expenses directly in Perfect Teller
- Perfect Teller - track what you are spending, and transfer funds as you need to
- Facebook - sometimes we try to post some funny stuff- maybe it can brighten your day if the back to school stuff is getting too stressful
Want to talk money with us??
Call us: 317.923.4747
Text us: 43783
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us: 1828 N Meridian Street #102 or 225 S East Street #270: Downtown Indianapolis, Close access to the Red Line, Parking Available